Monday, August 23, 2010

Are You Like a Child?

While making my bed this morning, Nolan happily skipped by my door to take his laundry to the laundry room. I thought, "Oh, I love how happy he is right now, even while doing his chores." Then as he skipped past again he said chipperly, "Hi, mom!" Then, it hit me. Suddenly I was overcome with thoughts and emotions of how I have been so harsh at times, and reactive and unkind with my words and tones. Yet, he is so loving, so quick to forgive and forget. Amazing. Then beautifully, the Lord gently reminded me that He created us bringing us into this world as babies, children with a trusting, loving, forgiving heart. Our young children are a direct reflection of His loving, gracious forgiveness. How precious this truth was to me. As I reflect on this throughout my day, my prayer is that I will think of God's goodness each time I look into the eyes of my children, and be a direct reflection of our gracious God to my family today.

No comments:

Post a Comment