Monday, May 31, 2010

Final Weekend

Tears flowed as we attended our final Rock service this morning. As our pastors prayed with us I don't think there was a dry eye anywhere around. The Rock has been our home for more than ten years, now. I remember sitting in the congregation in the past, wondering how anyone could ever leave. For us, only the Lord could have prepared our hearts for this transition. We have served and loved our pastors and church family with our whole hearts. We count it such a privilege and honor to have served the Lord here. He has given us many opportunities to grow and learn, be challenged and to challenge others. He has provided wonderful, fulfilling friendships which we will always carry in our hearts.

Over the past week or two, I have been pondering the idea of friendships. God has given us friends on so many levels. I began thinking about cooking, and how spices all have unique flavors and season a dish just right. In the same way, I was thinking of us women as spices (yes, some are more "spicy" than others!) and how each woman in my life has touched my heart in a different way. My friendships are on varying levels, but each relationship impacted me uniquely (being only one of it's kind). They are irreplaceable.

So tonight, as I lay my head on my pillow, I will be thinking of my gracious God, who knew what and who we needed ten years ago, and who knows what and who we need as we enter this new season. To my God, thank you, thank you for allowing us to serve and love your dear people here. And to my friends, thank you for your love and friendship.

3 comments:

  1. This was beautiful! Thanks for pouring yourself into our friendship. You gave me all of you and didn't hold back. I thank you for that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I look forward to following you on your journey!:) -Michelle Jedlick-

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the spice analogy! Can't figure out what kind of spice I am though. Thanks for sharing your hearts and thankfulness on this blog.... I feel like I am on the adventure with you. Safe travels to you all.

    ReplyDelete