Tuesday, June 8, 2010

On to Tennessee!





Our final night (Sunday) in Waxahachie was rough. Poor little Ashton woke up sick during the night and wouldn't sleep. Yesterday morning we left with a blanket wrapped over his lap hoping he wouldn't continue to be sick. Thank God, he was okay, but had a fever all day and night last night. Our drive yesterday took us through Arkansas and into TN. Arkansas was very green and pretty. Driving through I couldn't help smiling, feeling like I'm almost home. How I've missed the green country! We passed beautiful ranches in TX and pasture land and wooded areas in AK. My heart was joyful! I so enjoy God's creation. In AK, we stopped at a gas station and they told us to fill up first and then come in and pay. What? That would never fly in CA! There were many billboards with scriptures on them. In AK, I was shocked when I read on one, "Give your children the rod and save their lives." I don't think that would go over well in CA, either! We arrived in Memphis after crossing a rather large bridge (always scares me) and I must say, it's a pretty city! After a long nine hours on the road, we arrived at our hotel only to find they didn't have parking for the 26' truck Bryan is driving. We cancelled and then spent the next hour and a half looking for a room. The kids were very patient and well behaved throughout the process. Actually, I think they had better attitudes than Bryan and I during that time! We found a nice Holiday Inn and the room was less than our original one, praise the Lord. We went down to eat in the restaurant and were a little nervous about the kids being so tired and wiggly, but the booth had a tv screen in it, and they were glued. Well, at least it would be a peaceful meal. Is that horrible parenting? After a yummy dinner (kids eat free!) I brought Ashton up to rest and Bryan took the kids for another swim. This morning, we are on our way to Knoxville, TN. We have only a five hour drive, so we're going to go down and enjoy some breakfast before taking off. We are thankful for the continued blessings on our journey and for God's protection and provision.

No comments:

Post a Comment